Be the Leader Not the Boss


For the purpose of getting the knowledge of the culture and history I prefer the original Ramayan and Mahabharatas Itihaas. But when it comes to learning and picking up the good from everything, I acknowledge all the versions of them without any opinions about right & wrong or endless debates about how it should be... (society, rules, lifestyle etc.)

Here, the book also focus on learning from Mahabharat and Ramayan, that too for the corporate world. The place where your most important task is to handle people. Especially when you are in the upper position or in leadership role.

More than reading I was feeling like I am attending a seminar or talk in Institute about the topics of learning management skills from historical case studies. I just love the way discussion happened in book deeply with analysing different scenarios for a particular problem and situation.

First I thought it'll be another book of management which takes inspiration from our Itihas for explaining the topic but I was totally wrong. Author do deep discussion on several things which on surface looks ordinary but as you progress reading they will come out as pearls of knowledge got through deep dive into ocan of information available in our Itihas.

Focusing on the need to understand human psychology in management rather than just giving tips to improving skills and that too in brief chapters is commendable job done by author. It's crisp narration and short length make book easy read with never loosing interest in completing another chapter after finishing one.

I would like to much more about this book but I may be satisfied to have talked enough. These topics (Business Management and Itihas) are my favourite so I can went on for hours. So, don't think twice before taking this even if you don't want learn management for business as it's learning important for Life as general.

I want to read more like this so please tell:

Q: Which best management or human psychology/behaviour/relationship improving Book you read & recommend??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wild Ride Through Brotherhood and Betrayal: My Take on "Blood & Bombay Black" by L.A. Nolan

The Anthology of Balaji

The Way We Were by Prajwal Hegde