The Empress of Indraprastha


Mahabharat is my favourite story which I have seen n number of times (B R Chopra's Mahabharat TV serial)and even read twice. To read the retelling was kind of new experience for me as I mostly prefer the original one but I must say this one was a refreshing retelling with gripping narration, interesting conversations and new perception.

I have never read the story from Draupadi's perspective which interested me the most. The detailed description about the surrounding enhanced the reading experience. That's the power of lady author, I guess, to understand the importance of smaller details which sometimes we (men) ignore.

The way author has described thought of Draupadi, her relationship with each Pandavas and especially Krushna is really interesting and fascinating. The similarity of thoughts of Panchalii and Sahadev about partition was one of those never thought aspects which author covered beautifully.

This is being first of 5 part series set proper base for upcoming events. It started with Swayamvar and ended at Khandavprastha which became Indraprastha. I can't avoid myself thinking how story will evolve further even if I know the original story due to its freshness and uniqueness along with amazing storytelling style.

Highly recommended to all Mythology, retelling and Mahabharat lovers. Even others and beginners can also try this out because of its simple and easy narration which will lead them to another pages so smoothly that they can't able to figure out when they reached the last page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wild Ride Through Brotherhood and Betrayal: My Take on "Blood & Bombay Black" by L.A. Nolan

The Anthology of Balaji

The Way We Were by Prajwal Hegde